*Countries will be able to provide their Site Attributes at any time after the Kick-off Webinar
(held on July 21st) with the deadline for submission by September 15, 2022.*
What are Site Attributes?
• Administrative, epidemiologic, and service-related data about facilities and subnational units (SNUs)
• Help better illuminate where services should be provided, where services are actually provided, who is
delivering these services, and what is the service capacity
• Examples: MER indicators (e.g., EMR_SITE), data submitted into DATIM (e.g., facility name,
geographic coordinates), and data collected during the annual PEPFAR planning cycle
Why do we collect Site Attributes?
• Provides more complete information on service provision and facility infrastructure
• Use of these data facilitates improved decision-making when country programs are determining what
services should be targeted by geographic locations to the populations in greatest need of these services
NEW Site Attribute Collection
• PEPFAR is introducing a new process for submitting and updating additional site attribute information as defined in the MER 2.6 Indicator Reference Guide
• PEPFAR is looking to collect the following site attribute information:
- Type of facility
- Ownership or managing authority
- Community services provided
- Clinic hours
• For any questions on how to classify a specific facility, please email SGAC_SI@state.gov.
The new site attributes as described in the MER guidance will be captured in DATIM through the six fields as depicted in the table below:
More detailed information can be found in the MER 2.6 Indicator Reference Guide. (Appendix D, pg 248)
Site Attribute Process
- Leverage what already exists
• Where possible, use existing national information to report these site attributes.
• Site attributes are typically stored as part of the Facility Registry or Master Facility List.
• The key to simplicity will be leveraging your existing facility mappings between the MOH and DATIM facilities
- Transform into PEPFAR’s attributes
• Site attributes and their associated values used by your Ministry will likely differ to various degrees from what SGAC is collecting. This will require you to conduct some level of transformation from the MOH into SGAC’s applicable attribute and value set.
- Generate the CSV file and send to DATIM Support
• There are two options for providing the site attributes…
Submitting Site Attributes
There will be two options to submit site attributes for FY22.
- Option 1: Generate a CSV file with Site IDs and applicable Site Attribute values
- Option 2: Enter Site Attribute values in a CSV file template
After this initial collection process, it is anticipated that all future data collection and updates will be done through DATIM.
Option 1 (Recommended): Generate a CSV file with Site IDs and applicable Site Attribute values:
Option 1 will likely be the simplest method if:
- a) your country participates in the MOH/PEPFAR Data Alignment Activity (DAA) and you maintain MOH to DATIM facility mappings.
- b) your MOH maintains a master facility list with relevant site attributes.
1. The generated CSV file containing the 6 Site Attributes fields plus the ‘Site ID’ field to uniquely identify the facility to which the values apply.
2. The Site ID can be compiled using either the ‘MOH Site ID’ or ‘DATIM OU ID’. We will assume the MOH Site ID is provided unless you specify otherwise when sending your file.
3. The Site Attributes can only contain the applicable values exactly as they are defined in the table.
Example CSV file for Option 1:
Option 2: Enter Site Attribute values in a CSV file template:
1. Submit a DATIM Support ticket requesting a site attribute template to be created for your country.
2. The generated template will be a CSV file containing your full DATIM facility list with DATIM and MOH IDs, the Facility Name and the Hierarchy to help uniquely identify the facility (light blue cells in the table below).
3. The site attributes (yellow cells below) will be empty and need to be populated for each of the facilities.
Example CSV file for Option 2:
Countries will be able to provide their Site Attributes at any time after the Kick-off Webinar (held on July 21st) with the deadline for submission by September 15, 2022.
- Site attributes should be updated, at minimum, on an annual basis
- Site attribute information should be available along with FY22 Q4 data for analysis
• Additional user guidance around Site Attributes can be found in the DAA Support Site:
• For any questions on how to classify a specific facility, please email SGAC_SI@state.gov
• If this exercise is proving to be particularly challenging, then please do reach out to us
through DATIM Support: https://datim.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=54655