- Purpose: The SIMS-MER crosswalk shows which MER 2.5 indicators align or are most relevant to which SIMS 4.1 CEEs. This crosswalk reflects the recommended list of linkages between SIMS 4.1 CEE IDs and MER 2.5 Indicators to be used for data analyses.
Use the SIMS 4.1-MER 2.5 Templates and Pivot Tables to review which SIMS Site and Above Site Level CEE IDs are linked to which MER 2.5 Indicators, and which CEE IDs are not linked to any MER 2.5 Indicators. Use the MER 2.5-SIMS 4.1 Templates and Pivot Tables to review which MER 2.5 Indicator(s) are linked to which Site and Above Site Level CEE IDS, and which MER Indicators are not linked to any Site or Above Site Level CEE IDs.
- Data Sources: MER 2.5 Reference Guide and SIMS 4.1 Site and Above Site Tools
- Methodology: To create this SIMS 4.1 – MER 2.5 crosswalk, the previous SIMS 4.0 – MER 2.4 crosswalk was used as the initial point of comparison. The updated SIMS 4.1 CEEs were cross-checked against the MER 2.5 indicators.
In instances when:
- A new MER 2.5 indicator was introduced, we determined if any SIMS 4.1 CEES linked to that new MER 2.5 indicator.
- A MER indicator was updated between MER 2.4 and MER 2.5, we reviewed the previous MER – SIMS linkage to determine if the updated MER 2.5 indicator still liked to the same SIMS 4.1 CEE.
- A MER indicator was retired in MER 2.5, we did not link it to any SIMS 4.1 CEEs.
- A SIMS 4.1 CEE was not previously linked to any MER indicators, we reviewed MER 2.5 indicators to determine if any linked to the SIMS 4.1 CEE.