Short-term; for countries to use the data to identify reporting challenges, with the goal to improve reporting processes, data quality, and program efficiencies
The FY2022 Activity is now underway, but there is much that has already been accomplished by this activity:
- The FY2017 Activity launched in collaboration with the 13 priority epidemic control countries to align six key HIV indicators. In September 2017, PEPFAR conducted an in-person workshop in Johannesburg, South Africa with all 13 participating countries to complete Activity deliverables and provide direct technical support. By the end of the 2017 Activity, country teams and MoHs successfully aligned almost 30,000 facilities, added an additional 4,000 facilities, and triangulated site-level data identifying areas for data quality improvement.
- The FY2018 activity expanded to include all 23 PEPFAR Long Term Strategy countries. These countries were also included in the FY2019 activity as well. At the start of the FY2018 activity, PEPFAR conducted a month-long Virtual Workshop with all 23 participating countries through the newly established PEPFAR Virtual Academy. The Virtual Workshop included instructional webinars, video tutorials, and other technical information to assist country teams and MoHs in completing the deliverables.
- The FY2020 Activity focused on data use and introduced new tools that empowered the country teams to analyze and integrate DAA data in their program management. We also continued to improve the tools to build efficiencies in the reporting processes and maintain alignment with facility lists and indicator definitions. Also with FY20, we were able to publish this aggregated data on the PEPFAR website as it can be found at https://data.pepfar.gov/daaMap1.
FY22 Activity Timeline
Please find a recording and the slide deck for the FY22 Kick-off Webinar below
DAA FY22 Kick-off Webinar
PEPFAR Virtual Academy (PVA)
Sign into the PEPFAR Virtual Academy (PVA) to find instructions on the Data Import Tools & Process as well as Data Use and Analysis Tools. The course can be found at https://learn.pepfar.net/
Data Alignment Activity Process
The PEPFAR/MoH Data Alignment Activity is broken out into four key milestones. The first three milestones involve transforming the data into a compatible format and imported into DATIM while the fourth involves data analysis and use. Through completing the four milestones, Ministries of Health, PEPFAR country teams, and PEPFAR HQ will have access and visibility into the same aggregate data collectively housed within the PEPFAR DATIM system.
These four milestones include:
- Facility Alignment: Aligning the DATIM organizational hierarchy and facility list to the authoritative master facility list (MFL) in each country.
- Indicator Mapping: Mapping indicators in the MoH health management information system (HMIS) to the equivalent PEPFAR MER indicators.
- MoH Results Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL): Extracting facility level results from the MoH system, transforming data according to the indicator mapping, and loading the data into the DATIM system.
- Data Use: Analyzing the resulting complementary datasets (MoH and PEPFAR side by side) within the DATIM system or exported for analysis in other systems or to share with relevant stakeholders.
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Africa
- South Sudan