Introduction to Facility Reconciliation
What is Facility Reconciliation?
Facility Reconciliation is the process of mapping the facilities between MoH and DATIM, and adding any additional MoH facilities not already in DATIM.
Most countries already completed the facility reconciliation process in the MoH Alignment Activity is 2017 or 2018. Therefore, the facility reconciliation portion of the MoH Alignment activity in subsequent years will be focused on maintaining harmonization between the MoH and DATIM lists.
What facilities from the MoH should be included in the Facility Reconciliation process?
- All MoH recognized health facilities that provide ART and HIV/AIDS Testing Services.
- The list may include PEPFAR supported sites.
- The list must include facilities not supported by PEPFAR.
- The list must include facilities that reported data.
- Before importing the MoH facility list into the FacilityRecon app, it is imperative that you filter out any military or sensitive sites.
- These are sites in MoH where facility-level services are administered. They are always the lowest geographical level in the organizational hierarchy. They do not have children sites.
- At a minimum the information about each facility should include the following attributes:
- Facility name
- Unique ID
- Latitude and Longitude (if available)
- Parent hierarchy
How can countries keep their MoH and DATIM lists harmonized?
Countries can keep their lists harmonized by ensuring that all MoH facilities are either mapped to an existing facility in DATIM or are added as a new facility in DATIM. The next section of this document describes the tools and processes that should be used to maintain harmonization between your facility lists.
Maintaining harmonized facility lists between DATIM and MoH
Phase 1: Geopolitical Alignment
This step is to ensure geopolitical alignment between the hierarchies of DATIM and MoH. For information on how to complete or review your geopolitical alignment, view the Geopolitical Alignment Job Aid
Phase 2: Facility Reconciliation
There are two methods that can be used to maintain harmonized facility lists. Use the decision tree below to determine which process is recommended. Please note: you can choose whichever method you would prefer, this decision tree is just meant to be a guide. Then follow the link to the appropriate page to access the supporting guidance about the method you will use.
Next step: Choose a method
- Conduct facility reconciliation through DATIM
- Conduct facility reconciliation using the Facility Reconciliation App (GOFR)