This article contains the MER 2.0 Indicator Reference Guide V2.3 (FY19) and V2.4 (FY20).
Please refer to the reference guide for the fiscal year of interest, below:
|Fiscal Year||Reference Guide|
The objectives of the MER guidance document are to streamline and prioritize indicators for PEPFAR programs. As the PEPFAR MER Indicators were being updated the following was taken into consideration:
- Reduction of indicators to focus program monitoring on what matters most for epidemic control;
- Standardization of age, sex, and key population disaggregations across the prevention and clinical cascades to monitor which populations are being reached with high quality evidence-based services, and to identify which populations are not being reach;
- Alignment of indicators with multilaterals and partner governments to avoid duplication of data collection where possible, and to focus on improved data and programmatic quality;
- Input from community stakeholders, technical experts, implementing partners, and PEPFAR field staff;
- Alignment with other PEPFAR data streams such as site improvement through monitoring systems (SIMS), financial monitoring, and the sustainability index (SID).